Google+

Thursday, December 8, 2016

12 tags of 2016 - december - joy



There's nothing like Christmas. Here in New England, this time of the year can be a real joy. We just got our first real snow of the season and although it was short-lived and melted soon after, it was kind of the official start of Christmas. I've had my Vince Guaraldi Trio Charlie Brown Christmas album on my record player for days and the smell of balsam has filled our apartment. That brings us to this month's tag. It's full of holiday joy. I loved the techniques from this month's technique remix challenge from Tim Holtz's blog and after winning last month, I couldn't wait to start this tag as soon as I could!




I don't have any of the shadowpress items so I used an alterations embossing folder with the same technique for that. The little presents are from an ornament that had broken open. The tree and star are both idea-ology items. The burlap background was created using one of Tim's Halloween stencils, the one with the bats on the top... I used a Martha Stewart Snow Flake punch for some detail and matted the bits on holiday idea-ology ephemera. I heat-embossed the cute candy cane from the mini crazy birds and crazy things stamp set, I loved the way that turned out. Then all it needed was a quick stitch and I could call it a day!


I seriously cannot believe it's been a whole year of making tags! You can view the rest of my tags below!





Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. The tree and the presents are icing on this...great take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome take on Tim's tag!! Love the overlapping and the snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dimensional quality to your tag and it looks fabulous! Another winner???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice interpretation of this month's tag, I admire the colors you used and your artful arrangement of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! I love how you used the bottle brush tree. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew this tag was a winner, right off the bat! Very, very nice work! Congratulations on being chosen one of the winners of the last of Tim's 12-Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yippee! You ARE a winner; I just knew it would be! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WG...Congratulations on your win....Your tag is sooo FESTIVE ....
    especially with the shiny presents at the bottom with the gold twine
    and the gold matting peeking out! I love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete