Google+

Friday, August 5, 2016

12 tags of 2016 - august - not all who wander are lost

We are already more than halfway through this year's 12 tags of 2016 from Tim Holtz's blog. I cannot believe it! This month's tag uses a bunch of stuff I've had on hand but never used, it's very satisfying to use up old craft supplies.


First, I brayered with picked raspberry and spiced marmalade distress stains and distressed it further with vintage photo distress ink. Then I used the SA Tim Holtz Crazy Birds mini stamps and dies for the birdies, some Lawn Fawn dies for the branch and speech bubble, and a Pretty Pink Posh die for the frameworks.


This was the first time I've used a sewing machine in my papercrafting, I'm familiar with sewing fabric but sewn paper is just so much prettier and makes such a statement.


Some more supplies I used: ideaology ephemera pack, manilla tags, purple tassel from an old fragrance sachet, chit chat stickers, distress woodgrain cardstock and various other papers. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love the raspberry background. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the stitching on paper does something cool to a design... and I love sewing on paper, the way it pops!

    ReplyDelete