Google+

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

12 tags of 2016 - may - a day for moms


Last month's tag was totally inspiring and I'm excited to have won. I loved Tim's original tag and I was stoked to see what he had in mind for May. After reading his post for the 12 tags of 2016 for May, I'm surprised to learn that he does the tags on a whim at the end of each month. It's not a forethought and I appreciate learning insight into how other people create. Personally, as much as I'd like to, what I want to create is almost never what I actually create! It's always a process and I love it. Creativity is so amazing in the way that each of us utilizes it. Anyways, this month was no different in terms of inspiring me. I made this specific tag with Mother's Day in mind. 



I used the tattered flower garland in place of the tattered florals that Tim uses in his card and I basically filled half of my tag with them. I love this die and now I want all the flower dies. I stamped a mini blueprint sketch using Tim's tissue tape resist technique. 



Tim used a sewing machine for his tag but I didn't have one handy so I got creative. I used some floral wire and weaved it through some pierced hole to make it appear as I've sewn it with metal!



Supplies: distress ink (vintage photo, mustard seed, seedless preserves, picked raspberry, peacock feathers, faded jeans, salty ocean, spun sugar, and black soot), distress stain (weathered wood and brushed pewter), mini ink blender tool, idea-ology decorative tissue tape, mini blueprint sketch stamps (dressform and sewing machine), Alterations tattered flower garland decorative strip die, idea-ology vial labels, idea-ology brads and AC brads, idea-ology word stickers, an idea-ology corner accent, burlap layering stencil, and Ranger texture paste.



Thanks for reading! You can check out my past tags for April, March, February, and January.


No comments:

Post a Comment