Google+

Sunday, February 7, 2016

12 tags of 2016 - Feb. - Love is in the Air!


This month's tag, for Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2016 technique remix series, features something I've actually never used before: texture paste! I made my own using some instructions I found on the internet. It's a lot thinner than regular texture paste and even thinner than the DIY texture pastes and the stencils I used weren't very thick either, it didn't quite get the dimension I had wanted. It's a learning experience and I'll be purchasing some more stencils and texture paste so I can really get into it because I liked what I saw, even with my minimal, first-time results.


I've used a bunch of my Tim Holtz faves: kraft tags, idea-ology expedition ephemera pack, idea-ology game spinners, idea-ology index labels, the stampers anonymous simple sayings stamp set, and distress inks (vintage photo, black soot, picked raspberry, and fired brick). In addition, I used two Teresa Collins stencils for the monoprinting and embossed paste techniques. The little Cupid photo comes from my stash of vintage photos that I've printed and accumulated. The heart and other piece of crumbled goodness is from the expedition ephemera pack. I didn't have a heart die that was substantial enough for what I wanted so I just cut it out and I'm glad I did, it gives the tag so much personality because of it.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment