Google+

Saturday, February 7, 2015

New Space, New Crafts!

If you follow me on Instagram (noblankspace) then you know that I recently moved and had minimal-to-no craft supplies to work with for the past month. Well, I moved in on the first of the month and I've finally gotten some time to set up my craft space and make a card!


As you can see, I'm still missing a few odds-and-ends, such as knobs for the desk, but I'm really happy with my new space. I was excited to see that My Favorite Things had expanded their card challenges and for this card, it's for the Color Challenge at the new MFT card Challenges blog. Here is a pic of the first card in my craft space:



I used the Ellen Hutson Essentials by Ellen Twelve Days as well as Sweater Weather and Milo's ABCs from Lawn Fawn for the stamping and I used Neenah solar white, and a piece from one of my Neenah Paper pads for that lime green color. I lightly stamped with white pigment ink in cloud forms to lighten it a bit and used a bit of ripped patterned paper (my favorite technique lately is the easy rip, so easy for lazy folk like me!) from the Lakeside 6x6 paper pad from Pebbles.



I copied a few techniques I've seen Julie Ebersole use in her videos. One of which is outlining the card with a black pen and the other was to bunch up a bit of thread under the sentiment or focal point. I messed the latter up and didn't use nearly enough thread but I'm going to use both techniques again because they're, again, so easy.


February is a busy birthday month for my family so I'll be back with another card very shortly!

1 comment:

  1. SO happy to celebrate with you in your new space, WG! It looks great!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete