Google+

Friday, December 12, 2014

December Birthdays!



December isn't only about Christmas, many people in my life celebrate their birthdays in December, one of whom is my sister-in-law. I've created a card for her birthday but I'm also displaying it as my entry for this week's sketch challenge at the My Favorite Things blog. I took a bit of liberty with this week's sketch, at least with the image and sentiment.





 I started my design/creation process with the gold doily vellum from Maggie Holmes. I knew purple was the perfect color to coordinate. The kraft card stock base gives the balance I needed because I used cream cardstock instead of white and I always use that combination. I don't like to use cream and white cardstock when used together, it always looks messy in my fruitless attempts! Anyways, I used my Pretty Pink Posh and Lawn Fawn die sets for the cuts. I even successfully created an extended die cut shape, thanks to the incredible Jennifer McGuire. For the image and sentiment, I used an image from Tim Holtz's Blueprint stamps as well as the coordinating set of sentiments.



I've recently begun to experiment with what I can do with my mini Distress Inks and one of those things is to watercolor. I learned from Jennifer McGuire (again!) that you can use the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to watercolor with a nice shimmer. It's exactly the amount of glitter I'd ever need and it's subtle. A bit of black hemp twine finishes off this card!


Cheers! I'll be back soon with more holiday-related cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment