Google+

Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Birthday, World Card Making Day, and a Challenge!

It has been a busy past couple of days for me. I celebrated a birthday yesterday and I got some gift cards and cash to spend at my favorite crafty places. I picked up some nice new products that I'm excited to use. Today is World Card Making Day (actually, yesterday as it's currently a bit past 1AM) and I wanted to use my new goodies to make a card to celebrate! I also wanted to start making some cards to send as a thanks for all of the nice presents I received. One such card is a card I've made for a challenge, the "Transport It" Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog. I've taken that "Transport It" theme literally and filled my card with train and train-related stamps. The patterned paper and sentiment, die-cut with the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo sets, were taken from a paper pad that I got on the clearance rack at Michaels. No stamping was needed for that sentiment so I decided to go stamp-heavy on the little details like the tickets and train, which were from a Recollections or 7gypsies set if I remember correctly. The embellishments were created with American Crafts coordinating twine and ribbon and a button from my stash.






This has been a quick post as it's time for me to return to my crafty space before I get too tired. It's always exciting to get a bunch of new stuff all at once! Thanks for reading and I hope you all had a good World Card Making Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card :-) I love the vintage train and whole design of this. the colours and die cuts are fabulous ! :-)

    Happy Birthday !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete