Google+

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Two for One Card Challenge for My Favorite Things

I created this simple thank you card for two challenges over on the My Favorite Things blog. The first challenge is their Weekly Sketch Challenge and I've pretty much used the entire design as my inspiration today. The second challenge is for their monthly Color Palette Challenge. It's a autumnal muted palette that can work for any season but I decided to put a Halloween spin on it. I could have use the colors for different leaves but I'm going to leave that for another card once I get some more birthday goodies in the mail from Lawn Fawn!



This was a quick thank you card. I'm going to need to make a bunch of thank you cards for all of the wonderful gifts I received for my birthday. I used a few of my new crafty items for this card. The stamped eyeball is a wood-mounted stamp made by Nicole. The background was made with distress inks (black soot, faded jeans, and seedless preserves) with a new stencil by The Crafter's Workshop. The banner comes from the Roald Dahl collection from Docrafts and everything else was made with stuff from the dollar bins (like card stock and sentiments, I made the heart myself because I don't have a heart die/punch) because I am cheap like that!

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment