Google+

Thursday, April 28, 2016

It's Your Day!



April is a popular birthday month for some special people in my life. This card is made for one of those special people. I'm fascinated by the watercolor stamping work by Debby Hughes. I was totally inspired by this video and my card is very similar to hers. I created this card for the Essentials by Ellen April Pin-Sights Challenge. The colors are totally spring-ey and I love a light pastel color palette. 

I used the Wish Big stamp set from the Essentials by Ellen line for my images and sentiment and I stamped those with WOW Opaque White on Distress Watercolor cardstock. I watercolored those cute balloons with Distress Inks of varying colors, copying what Debby Hughes did. I added some shimmery splatter with Brush Pewter Metallic Distress Stain. I also added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. I know the recipient of this card will truly appreciate it!


Here's the inspiration photo below, thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment