Google+

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'm ready for Autumn.

Yet another day, yet another challenge card! It's become something I anticipate now, I watch my favorite blogs for new contests and challenges and inspiration. This card is, of course, inspired by the impending autumnal season that's fast approaching.I  love this time of year. It's colder and it's the perfect season sweater weather. Leaves are falling and it's such a sight to behold. I'm from New England, home of the perfect autumn foliage. Therefore, I had to make a card that features some kind of fall foliage. I used the My Favorite Things Sketch 192  as my muse!






The pumpkin comes from a Martha Stewart Stamp and Punch Craft Punch, as does the "boo!" tag. The checkered background stamp is from pictureshow's stamps over on Etsy. The tree is a seasonal stamp I bought months ago from Inkadinkadoo when they were on sale at Michaels or A.C. Moore and the leaves are punched with a Recollections punch! As for the paper, I simply used whatever scraps I had lying around. I have a lot of scraps and I've been wanting to use them up. I edged the paper with my black and purple pigment inks, the same inks I used for the background, sentiment, and tree stamp.





I used some of my scraps from my last card (Hello Halloween) to create this card. I love the combination of green, purple, and Kraft. One thing I would have changed (in hindsight of course) was the purple layer... I would have liked some spirited and bold pattern paper in place of it!





The weekly challenges from My Favorite Things are pretty addictive. Always a fun experience! This week it's this particular sketch:






Thanks for visiting! 


Cheers crafters!

1 comment:

  1. I love the color combinations. Great cards. I landed here from MFT!

    ReplyDelete