Google+

Friday, September 26, 2014

Falling For You...

Today, I've created a card for the My Favorite Things Color Palette Challenge for this month as well as the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp. This one was a bit of a challenge for me because the two shades of grey threw me for a loop. I couldn't seem to get a handle on how much of each color I should use, I kept throwing off the balance by trying too much to balance colors rather than to have fun and make a card. It became quite simple once I remembered to have fun...



Edward Gorey is another of my favorite author/illustrators and he's known for his dark-but-still-juvenile sense of humor. That's precisely where I got my inspiration to have those poor little stamps in such a predicment. Those little man stamps from pictureshow over on Etsy are amazing, I've said it before and I love that everyone else loves them as much as I do.  They remind me of Gorey's work... They're perfect for Halloween cards, that was my original purpose for my purchase but I ALWAYS need to have some sort of way to reuse the stamps I buy because I want everything I see and this allows me to narrow it down a bit. These stamps were used last week to hang on balloons but this week, they're in freefall... poor guys, they can't seem to catch a break! Wait until they see what's in store for Halloween!!





For my tag, I got to use my brand new Pretty Pink Posh die sets. I had purchased a Stitched Duo set a few weeks ago and I just bought the last set that I didn't have. The cardstock behind the little falling men is from a new Crate Paper paper pad I just got, I was looking for some colors to coordinate with the Color Palette Challenge from My Favorite Things and I came across this paper pad and, specifically, this background. The sentiment was stamped with cheapy-cheap stamps I got from AC Moore months ago. The ribbon is the free ribbon that Ellen Hutson sends with orders, it was the perfect color and I had none of that color!



Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and tag - love the images in the windows!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tag is great and those images are fantastic. Of course now I must go look over at etsy! Very fun tag and card.

    ReplyDelete