Google+

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Birthday Season Part 1

This is just a small intro to a new series of cards I've been making for what is a giant onslaught of birthdays from September to October, including my own. It's been a bit slow in terms of my card making needs this summer, no birthdays as of recent and no big holidays to speak of. I just recently graduated college so no back to school references for me for quite some time. I've been putting my resources towards a new craft desk which I've just acquired! Next I'll be grabbing myself a light box so I can take better photos!





This particular card I've made for a quick challenge for the Color Palette Challenge 8 from My Favorite Things. I've been heavily addicted to Kraft lately. The combo of green and orange makes me think of the autumn season that's fast approaching and the dark blue balances it quite nicely, I would have never used this shade of blue with these other colors.





I've used this template before, it's one that's way too easy to duplicate or mass produce. I recently fell in love with pictureshow's stamps over on Etsy, I've used the Background Check for the background on this small card. Another maker of fine wood-mounted stamps that I've been fond of lately is Yellow Owl Workshop. I've used her Happy Birthday Balloon Stamp set. I love her designs, love her style!


No comments:

Post a Comment