Google+

Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Very Special Birthday Card

One of my first cards ever was for my partner's niece and for this card, I wanted to go all out. I used ribbons, I used sequins, I used more pink than I've ever used on anything ever, but that's what this particular seven year old loves! That and Beanie Boos... 


Today, I've created my card for The Friday Mash Up's 200's Challenge, congratulations to their team! For their 200th challenge, they invited crafters to choose which past sketch or challenge they would like to present. After browsing through the past challenges, I decided to go with the sketch from Challenge #38 and I've combined that with the Birthday Project from Challenge #40. It was a fun challenge and the recipient of this card is usually the most appreciative of paper crafts.


Today, I've used some new stamp and die sets I got from My Favorite Things, they are the Stylish Friends by Wendy Burns set as well as Die-namics Mini Album Bracket Stax dies. The sentiment stamps are from the Happy Fourth and Milo's ABCs set, both from Lawn Fawn. The sentiment frame is from Lawn Fawn's Sweater Weather set.



I watercolored the image with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in various shades of pink and purple mostly (Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Antique Linen, and Seedless Preserves) and added some of my Wink of Stella glitter brush to finish it off. The card base is made from a new favorite of mine--letterpress paper!! It's so luxurious! The rest of the paper comes from my stash (foil paper is from Michaels and sparkly paper is from Martha Stewart Crafts) I added some splatter in the same colors of ink as above and added my card stock . The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the ribbon is from the fabulous Ellen Hutson, LLC.



Thanks for reading, this card was especially special because I pretty much got into paper crafting because it was a way to make nice gifts with her when I was a broke college student. Now it's blossomed into something more.

9 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty. I bet she loved it. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a Friday Mashup newbie.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable girly-girl card! The sparkle and shimmer will make that little girl smile! Thanks for helping us celebrate #200 at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with our anniversary challenge at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the sparkle! And my favourite colour is pink!

    I'm new to the Friday Mashup but I'm joining the celebration too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love all the purple and pink shine. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    P.S. You have a really cool font on your blog (header, sidebar). Do you mind telling me which one it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called PaperCute, I love it, so whimsy and cartoony!! Thanks for checking out my card!! :)

      Delete
  6. what a fun card!!!! perfect and girly!!! i love it! great job mashing up the challenges at the Friday Mashup!!! thanks for joining in the celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Fun, colorful and lots of glitter and bling!

    Thanks for joining our celebration at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card and great story behind it.

    ReplyDelete