Google+

Monday, February 23, 2015

Get Well Wishes



Get Well cards are something that every crafter needs to have in their stash for a quick send off. Today's card was created for the MFT Card Challenges Blog Sketch Challenge #216 and I went with a get well card because I was running low on them and I needed a few. This one is particularly topical because of all the snow that we have gotten in Boston.



I used some leftover card stock from Bazzill for the sky and cut out some cloud shapes and blended the sky with varying distress inks (Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, and Tumbled Glass). The green ground was die cut with the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 1 set. I used distress watercolor paper for the sun, which I die-cut with one of the pieces from Lawn Fawn's Banner set. I then blended it with Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks. I took a bit of liberty with the sketch but I liked the simplicity of it. I'm going to create a bunch of these to have in case of grey skies! Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the dotty dimension on this!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoy your hills and whole cheerful scene here! Ah, warmth! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge!! :)

      Delete